Lean focus on creating customer value and performing value-adding activities. This course teach you how lean principles can be applied for engineering and project work.
You will learn by practicing a Lean game where each participant is assigned a role in sales, finance, project manager, engineering etc.
A total of 11 different roles are distributed among the participants. The game is conducted in 3 rounds, with learning between each round.
The game is about producing goods to the customer based on the customer's specifications. We will measure target figures / KPIs (key performance indicators) for each round of the game. After each round, we review the result and propose improvements.
The combination of theory and practice makes it easier to understand Lean principles, and how to apply Lean at your work. The Lean game increase the awareness of how your role fits into the bigger picture. All roles are connected and dependent of each other to deliver goods according to customer specification.
This course enables you to:
- Increase your motivation for continuous improvement at your workplace
- Apply Lean concept and tools for engineering and project work
- Learn through practical exercises and involvement
- Relevant issues in administrative processes
- LEAN philosophy and concept
- Change and involvement
- Introduction to Lean terminology
- Muda (waste), Muri (overload) and Mura (variable production)
- Introduction to 6 S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, self-discipline and safety)
- Quality and quality costs
- Mistake-proofing (Poka-Yoke)
- Focus on customer value and clarifying who the customer is
- Value stream analysis and identification of waste
- Lead time and queues
- Push versus Pull
- Lean management
- Visual management
- Goals and objectives